Veteran homebuilder Todd H. Temanson established Harlyn Homes as a homebuilding, land development and real estate consulting company with a focus on quality projects in coastal California locations. With a diverse set of real estate skills in the national real estate arena, coupled with a strong focus on the local real estate markets that they operate in, Harlyn Homes is well positioned for real estate opportunities both locally and nationally.
- Planning, design, entitlement, land improvements, home construction and disposition of a 28 unit single-family detached executive home community within the Victoria Estates master planned development. Located in the Northwest Golf Course Community north of Oxnard High School on Gonzales Road. The overall development plan calls for 446 single-family lots, a church site, an elementary school, an office building and an affordable housing site along Victoria Avenue, as well as 66 acres of land set aside for an expansion to the River Ridge Golf Course.
- Planning, design, entitlement, and oversight of the home construction and disposition for a 16 unit single-family detached executive home community called Turnberry in Oxnard, California.
- Development consultant for marketing and implementation of the RiverPark development, an upscale $750-million mini-city on 700 prized acres at the junction of the Ventura Freeway and Pacific Coast Highway in Oxnard. It is a sophisticated mixed-use project, incorporating smart growth principles and several environmentally green features with entitlements for 2,805 residential units centered on village greens, a Town Square, restaurants, a first-class hotel and conference center, office buildings, three schools and sports fields.
- Development manager for the 400-unit Serenade apartment home community built at RiverPark, with Garden Style walk-up units. Construction commenced in 2005, and the community is currently fully leased and stabilized.
- Development manager for several remaining rental and townhome properties in western Ventura County, including Mosaic Apartments (224 units), Tempo Apartments (235 units), Sonata Apartments (53 units of affordable rental units), Promenade Townhomes (80 units), Luminaria Townhomes (84 units).
- Development manager for a senior focused property called Resonate at RiverPark.
- Development consultant for the Piru Specific Plan.
- Development consultant for several additional sites in Western Ventura County for several large real estate equity and opportunity funds.
TODD H. TEMANSON, President
Todd H. Temanson brings almost 30 years of residential development and building experience to Harlyn Homes Immediately prior to forming Harlyn Homes, he was a senior vice president at the Arlington, Texas corporate office of D.R. Horton, Inc. (NYSE: DHI “Horton”), an $8.7 billion, Fortune 300, national homebuilding company. During his tenure, Horton grew from the 18th largest U.S. builder (with about $500 million in revenues) to become the largest U.S. builder (with about $6.7 billion in revenues, and 30,000 homes closed annually in fiscal year 2002). As senior vice president, he focused on mergers and acquisitions, national purchasing and operations as well as the management of Hortons technology investments. In his M&A role, he completed deals worth $1.8 billion and also integrated these acquisitions, culminating with the $1.3 billion merger of Schuler Homes (parent to Western Pacific Housing, Inc.) into Horton, in February 2002. Temanson started at Horton as vice president, division manager in charge of Hortons Utah operations. From there, he was promoted to the corporate office as vice president of purchasing and national accounts. There, he established and led the firms highly successful volume purchasing efforts, which boosted the companys pre-tax income by 10%. Earlier in his career, he was division manager for Dennis Banks Construction Company in Reno, Nevada, where he built out the highly successful North Banks West community as well as completing other developments. In Reno, he also was construction and operations manager for DiLoreto Construction and Development, where he handled all operational aspects of managing the business in the field and office. Temanson supervised and hired office and field staff for each community, and managed their in-house finish grading, finish carpentry and cabinet installation crews. Temanson has been involved in every aspect of residential development throughout his career, including consulting in many areas relating to home building. Temanson is licensed as a General Contractor and Real Estate Broker. In his spare time, he enjoys running, traveling, and listening to and playing live jazz music.
2291 North Patterson Road
Oxnard, California 93036
(805) 981-3877 ext. 312