PLAZA DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS and its affiliated companies and partners are involved in planning, developing and building some of the most ambitious and far-reaching projects in the region, including:
RiverPark: An upscale $750-million mini-city on 700 prized acres at the junction of the Ventura Freeway and Pacific Coast Highway in Oxnard. It will be a sophisticated mixed residential-commercial project, and will include:
- 2,805 dwellings centered on village greens
- a town square
- a first-class hotel and conference center
- office buildings
- three schools
- sports fields
- a total of 1 million square feet of commercial space
- a new freeway interchange will directly service the area, and the widening of the Santa Clara River Bridge will also ease transportation
- expected to break ground in mid-2004, with a 10-year expected completion date.
Downtown Entertainment District: A huge project set to transform and revitalize downtown Oxnard into a bustling shopping, lifestyle and entertainment zone.
- The first phase—Centennial Plaza—will involve:
- one city block
- a 14-screen movie theater called Plaza Cinemas
- 16,000 square feet of restaurant and food service space around the theater between A and B streets facing the city’s landmark Plaza Park
- The second phase—The Marketplace—will add:
- more restaurants and shops
- office and residential space
- a 350-space parking garage.
Ground was broken in 2004 and a 10-year completion date for the whole project.
Victoria Estates: A 330-acre guard-gated golf course community with 446 upscale homes north of Oxnard High School on Gonzales Road. It includes:
- a church
- an elementary school
- an office building
- a municipally owned golf course
THE FUTURE: Plaza Development Partners is looking beyond Ventura County at other major land development projects, including other downtown areas that need redevelopment and revitalization.