Ventura Pacific Capital Company (VPCC) manages existing real estate projects and buys and develops new or existing real estate properties. The company currently manages some $40 million in real estate assets, and services more than 500 limited partners. VPCC creates, monitors and manages real estate investments designed to meet its return-on-investment goals. The company locates quality real estate and develops it into income-producing entities to increase the property value for investment and resale.
VPCC has developed several shopping centers including movie theaters:
- Centre Court Shopping Center in Simi Valley, Calif.: 135,000 square feet
- Mission Bell Plaza in Moorpark, Calif.: 240,000 square feet
- Village Greens Shopping Center in Camarillo, Calif.: 12,000 square feet
- Wagon Wheel Plaza in Oxnard, Calif.: 130,000 square feet
- The Mary Pickford Theatre in Cathedral City, Calif.: A state-ofthe-art 14-screen movie theater.
- Cathedral Canyon Apartments, Cathedral City, Calif.: A 61-unit complex.
VPCC is currently an active developer participant in:
- The development of Strand Cinemas, a theater-based entertainment project in downtown Oxnard, Calif. PDS Builders, Inc., the general contractor for Strand Cinemas, is owned by the principals of VPCC.
- Oxnard Plaza Associates, downtown Oxnard redevelopment.
- VPCC has developed and built two Carl’s Jr. restaurants in New Mexico over the last year, and is currently under construction on another in New Mexico. (The principals of VPCC were franchisees for five Carl’s Jr. restaurants known as Santa Barbara Restaurants. These were sold several years ago.)
VPCCs objective in property management is to maximize owner profits, property value and rental income and to minimize operating expenses. Extensive experience in all phases of asset management (building, financing, leasing, operating and selling), provides the background needed to evaluate cash flow opportunities for the owner.
The principals of VPCC have more than 33 years each of real estate development experience in Ventura County. In addition to the above projects, they have developed multiple Carls Jr. restaurant units, an apartment conversion, new apartments, airplane hangars and offices.
NENO N. SPONDELLO, Jr.
Neno Spondello was born and raised in San Pedro, California, and moved to Ventura County in 1970. He earned his B.S. in business administration and his MBA (Finance) from USC. After college, he began work for Kaiser Aetna (a real estate development company that was a partnership between Kaiser Aluminum and Aetna Insurance) as administrator of sales, development, appropriations, appraisals, legal liaison, bulk land sales and financial marketing for this 10,000-acre development. After that, entered into a partnership with Edwin Nutt & Associates, selling and developing agricultural, commercial and industrial real estate. Spondello was also business manager for a property totaling 2,000 acres, planted in avocados located in Ventura and Riverside Counties. It was split into 1- to 40-acre parcels and sold over 15 years. He is a Registered Securities and Options Principal with the National Association of Securities Dealers, and a licensed California real estate broker. Spondello is a director emeritus of the Grand Beckstrand Cancer Foundation and a trustee of the National Cancer Fighter Awards Trust. He lives in Thousands Oaks with his wife, Sharon, and their two children.
A native of Ventura County, Richard Devericks earned his B.A. in business administration from Fresno State College and an MBA in Urban Land Economics from UCLA. Early in his career he was an associate planner in the Ventura County Planning Department, coordinating planning activities in the cities of Camarillo and Port Hueneme. He also had leadership roles in the zoning and studies divisions. In his work for Kaiser Aetna (a real estate development company that was a partnership between Kaiser Aluminum and Aetna Insurance), he did economic marketing feasibility studies, appraisal studies, conducted bulk land sales and was a legal liaison. After that, he entered into a partnership with Edwin Nutt & Associates to sell and develop agricultural, commercial and industrial real estate. He is a licensed California real estate broker and a Registered Securities Principal with the National Association of Securities Dealers. As the father of four Eagle Scouts, he has been involved for many years with the Boy Scouts of America, and is currently district president. He is also a very active church member. Devericks lives in Santa Paula. He and his wife, Ellen, have five grown children.
|VENTURA PACIFIC CAPITAL
340 Rosewood Ave., Suite D
Camarillo, California 93010
Neno N. Spondello, Jr. (805) 987-6921 Ext. 6
N.Spondello@verizon.netRichard Devericks: (805) 987-6921 Ext. 5